All about Trade Name Registration in UAE
Your name is your identity! It is mandatory to take approval for your company name from the Department of Economic Development.
In UAE, the first step of company formation is Trade name registration.
Things need to be considered while registering the trade name
You should pick a unique name for your business. The DED has stated a few guidelines which must be considered for reserving a trademark such as,
- Trade name must not be already reserved to the same or similar activity.
- It should not include name of any country, government and any form of religious wording.
- It should not contain any profanity or discrimination.
- It should not include name of any person, but it shall include partner/ownership name in the license.
- It is not possible to reserve a trade name beginning with the word “Universal”, “Middle East”, “International” or translate the same to Arabic.
- The trade name shall not include any icons such as points or spacers, etc. such as (. , / ), etc.
Time required for trade name registration
Select your business name and we’ll get it register in hours’ time.
What is the trade name registration fees?
Trade name registration fee is depending on the location you choose to establish your business and the trade name which you have selected.
However, the nominal charges as per the Dubai Economic Department is ranges between AED 700 to AED 2000.
If you will follow the guidelines of DED, you won’t face any difficulties for registering the trade name. Be creative while picking up the trade name, register it quickly with DED and make it yours forever!